Reminder Finders is a cognitive maintenance stimulation therapy group for people over fifty, living with a recent diagnosis of mild to moderate dementia or concerns over memory loss.
Through this service, trained Reminder Finder staff provide valuable support to help improve wellbeing for people living with dementia and offering respite for carers.
Members of this group meet on a weekly basis for structured cognitive stimulation therapy, including a variety of additional creative and physical activities.
Sessions have a maximum of ten members.
Benefits of cognitive stimulation therapy
• creates opportunities for people to learn in a relaxed and fun environment
• improves concentration, mental abilities and memory
• improves mood
• allows people to express their feelings and views, and encourages peer support
• improves the wellbeing of members and their carers
• helps members and their carers to cope and live with dementia.
If you or someone you know might benefit from our Reminder Finders service, your GP or a healthcare professional can refer you.