Contact provides support, advice and information for families with disabled children no matter what their condition or disability.
In the South West of England we offer our services through a team of home-based workers and volunteers. Working at a local and regional level, we have up to date information on local services and sources of support for families with disabled children.
Our South West team offers:
- free information sessions covering family life and caring for a child with a disability - topics such as behaviour, sleep, siblings, coping and support, money matters and transition - find details of local events and opportunities to meet other families listed below
- attendance at events and local parent support groups providing information and drop-in sessions, including help with completing welfare benefit and funding application forms
- details of local parent support groups
- help to find out about what's available locally
- guidance for parent support groups and parent carer forums to help them reach and involve parents
- training for children's centres to help them reach and involve families with disabled children.
- workshops for professionals working with families
We work together with government and voluntary organisations. We also take part in local and regional networks to shape policy and ensure the needs of families with disabled children are represented.