Train With Care Ltd provides highly specialist, bespoke clinical training for non-clinical care staff or personal assistants (PA’s) supporting people, children and young people with complex health needs in residential (nursing) care or who have a personal (health) budget and live at home or at school.
Train With Care Ltd will ensure that individuals have the competencies required to carry out all delegated tasks required or alternatively provide training to this end. The training offers class room training near the individual’s location, supervised hands on training on site and skill lab training.
This training services complies with the recommendations of NHS England.
Outcomes of the service
The overall outcome of Train With Care Ltd will be that individuals will be trained to a level of competence that enables them to safely care for people, children and young people with complex health needs who are cared for in the community or in their place of residence.
Locations: Train With Care Ltd will cover all areas in South West England with a base in South Devon.
Any training and consultancy requests outside this area will be considered on an individual basis.
Bespoke Clinical skills training
Train With Care Ltd will deliver the initial theoretical and practical skills training, ongoing supervision and assessment of competence to personal assistants as agreed in the Personal (Health) Budget care support plan.
Train With Care Ltd will provide training for delivering complex and routine care (as detailed in the individual care support plan) tailored to the specific needs and outcomes of the people, children and young people with complex needs in his/her living accommodation, school or alternative agreed facility; it will deliver competently signed off staff.
Train With Care Ltd will provide training for the following subjects and will develop training tailored to the individual:
- Administration of Buccal midazolam
- Administration of medication basic and specific in accordance with prescription via internal tubes/ nasogastric tubes, gastrostomy or jejunostomy device.
- Administration of Rectal Paraldehyde
- Administration of Rectal medication with pre-packaged dose-rectal diazepam / suppositories
- Administration of Nebuliser medication
- Administration of Oxygen
- Autonomic Dysreflexia
- Blood glucose monitoring and sub cut injections (insulin)
- Bowel management
- Catheterisation (male & female) and catheter & bag care
- Care Certificate (Skills for Care)
- Clinical Observations
- Dementia care & end stage recognition
- Diabetes Care with recognition of Hypoglycaemia & Hyperglycaemia
- End of life care and after care
- Enteral feeding (gastrostomy, jejunostomy) and understanding of ketogenic diet specific to individual
- Epilepsy Awareness
- Injections with preassembled device.
- Mandatory Training (Manual Handling, Basic Life Support, First Aid)
- Mouth Care
- Naso-pharyngeal suctioning with a suction catheter
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- Oral suction with yankauer or suction catheter
- Record keeping and documentation
- Recognition of Sepsis
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults & children
- Saturation monitoring
- Seizure management and observations
- Skin care, pressure ulcer prevention
- Stoma care and skin care
- Syringe Driver McKinley T34
- Tracheostomy care including emergency or planned change of tracheostomy tube and suction with a suction catheter
- Ventilation, BIPAP, CPAP, Cough Assist Machine
Any additional training can be delivered.
Who are we:
We are passionate highly professional qualified nurses extremely experienced and trained to look after people and children with complex needs.
We will provide clinical and/or non-clinical training delivered by:
Registered staff with appropriate current (paediatric) professional qualifications and the necessary skills and experience
- Staff who have an up-to-date DBS checked
- Staff who are covered by the relevant Professional Indemnity Liability Insurance
- Staff who are appropriately qualified to deliver training required