A Home Help may assist clients with:
- General household cleaning dishes, floors, cooker, cleaning cupboards, fridge (including checking of sell by dates on food), defrost freezer, windows, bathroom, etc.
- Prepare snack i.e. sandwich
- Changing of bed linen (turn mattress and make bed)
- Taking rubbish to refuse room/ bins
- Laundry/Dry Cleaning
- Changing light bulbs
- Managing post, making appointments, dealing with correspondence
- Paying bills and help organise finances
- Accompanied shopping or shopping from a client’s list
Our Home Helps are not permitted to carry out or offer:
- Personal Care
- Administering Medication
- Use of Client’s Credit/Debit Cards/ Apple Pay
- Financial advice
Our Home Helps are:
- Local people
- Directly employed by Dartmouth Caring
- Introduced to you BEFORE signing any contract
- Support the ethos and values of Dartmouth Caring
- Trained in safeguarding and 1st Aid
- Covered for absences where possible
What does it all cost?
The Home Help Service is a charged service.
- We charge £14/hour for this service.
- You may book from as little as one hour each week.
If you would like to discuss this please contact Sally at Dartmouth Caring.