Shoalstone Pool is a 53 metre sea water swimming Pool situated in a stunning position on Brixham sea front: one of only a few left in the country. It is built into a natural rock pool that has been popular for bathing since Victorian times.
In recent years, lack of funding has seen the pool threatened with permanent closure. Local people took over managing it in 2014 to form Shoalstone Pool Community Interest Company. Our efforts now are focused on both maintaining and improving the current facility and exploring ways of making it sustainable for many more years to come. We work closely with the Friends of Shoalstone Pool to secure the sustainability of this wonderful facility.
Shoalstone Pool is open for general swimming from late May to early September. There is no entry charge, but we do ask for voluntary donations to help cover our running costs.
Occasionally the pool will be closed for cleaning or for special events. Please check our social media channels for the most up to date information: We always need volunteers.
- Pool cleaning: once a month off season, and once a week in season.
- Pool maintenance: occasional, but we will need to paint the pool and the whole site before opening in late May.
- Merchandise sales and donations: it would be good to have people collecting donations and selling swim caps, bags and t-shirts between June and September.
- Events: volunteer stewards and receptionists for events in the summer.
- Other: there are always many other things to get done; like fundraising, policies, marketing, press etc. We would welcome people considering joining the Board of Directors of Shoalstone Pool Community Interest Company.
Please get in touch if you would like to help!