Bikeability is the new cycle training scheme for the 21st century. Many adults will remember doing their Cycling Proficiency Test but Bikeability is designed to give the next generation the skills and confidence to ride their bikes on today's roads.
Free Bikeability courses
- Level 1: School Years 3 and 4 and above - Basic cycle skills in an off-road area
- Level 1 and 2 Combined: School Years 5 and 6 - Real cycling experience on quiet roads
- Level 3: School Year 7+ - Skills on more challenging roads and traffic situations
- Balance: Reception, years 1 and 2 - Basic balance, bike handling and awareness skills
- Learn to ride: School Year 3 and above - Learn how to ride a bike for the first time
- Cycle confidence: Adults - Brush up on your cycling skills and build your confidence