KingsCare League of Friends
Nearly all our activities are currently on hold due to the current Covid-19 restrictions. However, we can still offer social support and many other services on-line or by telephone.
KingsCare provides patient support services to the patients of the Newton Abbot GP practices.
- Volunteer car service bringing Kingsteignton patients to surgery or hospital appointments and social groups
- A Lunch Club every second Monday in the month at 12.30pm at the Royal British Legion, Longford Lane, Kingsteignton
- Minibus outings
- Kingscare Chorus - a singing group open to all meets every Monday at 2.30pm in the OAP Hall, Kingsteignton
- Tai Chi is available at the OAP Hall, Oakford Lawn every Friday and Monday
- Coffee, Cake and Conversation at the Avenue Church every 2nd Tuesday from 10.00am - 12.00pm
- Carers Group every 3rd Thursday from 10.30am - 12.00pm at the Avenue Church
- Memory Cafe every 3rd Thursday at the Avenue Church from 2.15pm - 4.15pm
- Dementia carers support group the first Thursday of every month at 2pm in Kingsteignton Town Hall, Rydon Road
- Walking for Health programme on Monday at 10.30am and Wednesday, three different graded walks. Contact us for the start location
- Volunteers who can support you with ordering an online shop with Tesco or Sainsburys.
- Home from Hospital service - supporting patients on leaving Newton Abbot Hospital
- Benefits advice service
- Volunteer befriending
- Wellbeing Programme
- Charity shop
- Mental Health support
Community Transport entries with the “DCC mark”:
All Voluntary Car Schemes with the DCC mark operate with drivers who are DBS checked at the enhanced level.
Community Transport Groups and Associations which operate a Ring & Ride scheme with the DCC mark, meet DCC standard terms and conditions.
- Cost Details
- Some activities attract a small charge.
- Referral details
Transport to the surgery and hospitals is for patients of Kingsteignton Medical Practice only, all other activities are open to all
- DBS check?
- General information
Volunteers with Kingscare offer help to:
- Drive Kingsteignton surgery patients to medical appointments, either in their own cars or in our wheelchair accessible Fiat Doblo.
- Drive our minibus taking people to social activities and exercise.
- Visit the housebound in their own homes for company and conversation.
- Serve table at our Luncheon Club and beverages at our two social groups.
- Take walks from the Kingsteignton surgery as part of the Walking for Health scheme.
- Work in our charity shop, the Hub.
- Support and work alongside the people who want to grow produce on the allotment.
- Give up their time to be trustees.
- Man stalls at the annual fetes and fund raising days both in Kingsteignton and Newton Abbot.
- Help man the Memory Café.
- Help with administrative tasks.
- Visit housebound people with our Home Shopping service.
- Run any errands required at short notice.
Last updated: 16/11/2020