We run projects and deliver services, working with people and communities to meet the needs of the most vulnerable people in our society.
We work with volunteers and voluntary organisations and give them access to the support they need to make their community stronger.
We give community and voluntary organisations a voice and we represent them in East Devon and further afield, to help meet the needs of our most vulnerable citizens.
Action East Devon's Mission
Action East Devon works with people, communities and organisations to develop solutions that improve health, wellbeing and quality of life in East Devon, particularly for our most vulnerable individuals.
We do this by:-
- Continually growing our understanding of East Devon’s people and communities
- Working with local people and groups to meet their needs
- Developing projects, services and partnerships that have real impact
- Encouraging and supporting voluntary and community action
- Supporting, promoting and speaking up for voluntary organisations, community groups and social enterprises
Currently based in Cranbrook, Action East Devon has been supporting local communities in East Devon to thrive for over 15 years.
As a Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) we offer information on a wealth of topics, including funding, governance, resource hire, training and we offer additional activities to support networking across East Devon. We support over 280 local charities and community groups to grow, develop and flourish with their activities.
Our Volunteer Centre provides a matching service for those seeking opportunities and organisations requiring volunteers, we currently have 300 people looking for suitable vacancies to match their skills and others requirements.
Action East Devon also act as a voice for the local voluntary and community sector with statutory agencies.