Brixham Does Care is a registered befriending charity which attempts to combat loneliness, isolation and despair. We offer support to people of all ages living in Brixham and surrounding communities.
Brixham Does Care Aims
- To relieve social isolation and improve quality of life
- Inspire people to be involved as valued members of the community
- Support and encourage wellbeing, raise awareness and promote understanding
- Help individuals to overcome challenges and to provide befriending support in the home and out in the community
- Reassure all those who are vulnerable and encourage independence.
We provide a safe and friendly environment to encourage social interaction by:
- Offering a wide variety of community activities, groups and excursions
- Providing support, information and signposting
- A community cafe for friendship and affordable refreshments
- Lunch club to bring people together to enjoy a hot meal and to socialise with friends
- To provide financial advice through the FAIR project including Attendance Allowance and Blue Badge forms
- To encourage health and wellbeing
- Supporting and training a committed team
- Working closely with other organisations and acting as a facilitator to ensure that the needs of our local people are met
From 1st April 2019 we will be running a new Centre called the Friends Centre, on the Health & Welbeing Site in Brixham (Hosiptal site) - this will be a day centre for the elderley and rentable rooms - more information to follow once we open.