People with profound and multiple learning disabilities, as well as other serious impairments such as spinal injuries, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis or an acquired brain injury, often need extra facilities to allow them to use the toilets comfortably.
Changing Places toilets are different to standard disabled toilets with extra features and more space to meet these needs. Each Changing Places toilet provides:
- A height adjustable adult sized changing bench.
- A tracking hoist system, or mobile hoist if this is not possible.
- Adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two carers.
- A centrally placed toilet with room either side for the carers.
- A screen or curtain to allow the disabled person and carer some privacy.
- Wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench.
- A large waste bin for disposable pads.
- A non slip floor.