As we are a Social Work company, we can help you set up Lasting Powers of Attorney and a Living Will at a fraction of the cost that many solicitors charge.
Are You Prepared?
Few people consider what will happen if they become incapable of making decisions for themselves whilst still alive.
For example if they lost mental capacity due to an accident, old age or poor health caused by Dementia, mental health problems, stroke or head injuries.
For peace of mind, it is more important than ever that you make Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA's) to nominate someone Now who you trust to make important decisions on your behalf in the future if and when you can not. We can assist you with this and will:
- Draw up and prepare your Property and Financial Affairs LPA
- Draw up and prepare your Health and Welfare LPA and provide a 'Living Will' Template
- Prepare and submit the registration documents to the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) If you wish to do this at the same time.
The complete service will take you through the whole process and includes the following:
- Discussing and advising on choosing the right attorneys and replacement attorneys
- Advice on the powers to grant your attorney
- Advice on how the powers should be exercised e.g. jointly or individually
- Advice on suitable guidance to express your preferences to your attorney(s)
- Taking full instructions to complete the LPA forms
- Completion of the LPA form ready for signin
- Supervising the signing and formally witnessing the procedure
- Acting as a skillied Certificate Provider (by a qualified and registered Social Worker)
- Arranging for attorney's agreement to act and the signing of their part of the LPA
- Checking that the attorney’s form is properly witnessed.