Our teams work with adults with a learning disability. We help people access primary care services, including GP surgery, Dentist and opticians.
Some people with a learning disability find it hard to use these services. This can affect their physical and mental health.
To help with this we can:
- Help people to have an Annual Health Check and get a Health Action Plan.
- Help people to know more about National Screening programmes and help with health promotion.
- Help to train Primary Care teams to give the best care they can to people with a learning disability.
- Some people with a learning disability find it hard to use these services. This can affect their physical and mental health.
- We can help you with your health appointments, like the doctor or the dentist.
- We can support you to talk to your doctor about your health and help get you ready for health tests.
- We can help you find out more about your health and make health information easier for you to understand.
- We can help you on your own or as part of a group.
- We can work with you, your doctor and other people involved in your care to keep you healthy.