NYAS is a UK charity providing socio-legal services.
We offer information, advice, advocacy and legal representation to children, young people and vulnerable adults through a network of dedicated paid workers and volunteers throughout England and Wales.
Through these services NYAS provides a safety net for children, young people and vulnerable adults who have nowhere else to turn.
Devon County Council work with the National Youth Advocacy Service in a joint venture to provide an advocacy service to Children and Young People, particularly for:
- children in need and looked after children when decisions are made about their lives
- children in need, looked after children and care leavers in complaints and representation procedures
- children in receipt of health services (including young people at the Atkinson secure unit).
- Children and Young People's Advocacy Independent Visiting Service
We are independent and confidential as long as you are safe.
We can help if you are:
- not being listened to
- in need of some advice
- in need of help to talk to Social Services
- aren’t being treated fairly
- being told you have to move
- having difficulties about school
- not having the contact with your family that you want
- a vulnerable adult who is disabled
- a carer
- experiencing the separation or divorce of your parents
- not feeling safe