We are opening a Community Hub! It will be open Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9:30am-2:30pm and the space will mimic that of a café where group sessions, social meet ups and workshops can be held. The Hub will be run by adults with learning differences who will be doing in-house work experience in the role of a barista or biscuit maker.
In short, the Community Hub will offer:
- Work experience for people with learning differences (by which we mean: learning disabilities, difficulties and autism spectrum disorder)
- FREE of charge counselling sessions with an option to make a donation if anyone would like to support the project
- Employability workshops, digital advice and support workshops
- work space for local businesses and self-employed people as long as they support the project by purchasing hot drinks from the cafe to support the project, bring your own lunch only as we will not be serving any food other than hand-made biscuits
- Volunteering opportunities in the role of compassionate listeners for anyone to talk to in order to tackle loneliness and isolation
Our main vision is to provide a safe social environment inclusive of all individuals in the Kingsbridge community (and beyond).