CHAT (Churches Housing Action Team) was founded by Christians who were concerned by the large number of people experiencing housing difficulty in Mid Devon. We believe that everyone is entitled to decent, secure and affordable housing – somewhere to call home.
We give free, impartial and confidential Housing Advice in person or over the phone and our advisers can act on your behalf where necessary.
We help by
- Providing Housing Advice
- Acting as advocates
- Offering Deposit Guarantees
- Referring clients to Tenancy Support
- Liaising with other agencies
Many people experience periods of time when they need a hand with issues such as:
- Retaining their homes
- Making sure all benefits entitlements are applied for
- Sorting out financial problems
- Completing forms
- Applying for grants and loans
- Establishing a new home
- Finding appropriate services, such as getting back to work or college
- Managing anxieties or addictions
- Dealing with landlords
- Support and advice at meetings
Our Tenancy Support staff can offer short and long term, intensive and intermittent support. You can ask for support yourself or be referred to us by another organisation.