The Educational Psychology Service is concerned with the positive development, learning, achievement and well-being of children and young people. Members of our team are Educational Psychologists (EPs) and we work closely with schools, families, pre-schools, and colleges to promote positive outcomes for children and young people.
All Educational Psychologists have:
- Specialist post-graduate qualifications and expertise in the application of psychology in education.
- An excellent knowledge of the current education system including the SEND legislation and Devon specific processes.
- A detailed understanding of child development and special educational needs (SEN)
- Substantial experience supporting children and young people.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
The team is organised into four locality teams across Devon, based in the North (Barnstaple), South (Totnes) and there are two central teams (East and West). Each team services a group of learning communities and the children, young people and families living in those learning communities.