Assist Teignbridge is an award-winning charity (No. 1154936) based in Dawlish.
As our name suggests, we are ‘here to help’ the people of Teignbridge. Our primary focus is on providing affordable (and some free) support at home to the elderly, those living with dementia, other vulnerable people and their carers.
By focusing on a few fundamental values, we’ve established a reputation for being highly professional, ethical, respectful and punctual, yet very friendly, flexible, kind and willing to go the extra mile, every time.
We also work closely with other organisations in the district to ensure that Teignbridge remains a strong and vibrant community in which everyone feels cared for and can easily access the support and advice they need.
As a result, we’ve achieved favourable CQC inspection reports for our personal care services. Our latest inspection in June 2018 rated GOOD in all areas.
What we do:
- Provide practical help around the home
- Give carers a break – during the day and overnight
- Provide some personal care services, such as nail clipping
- Provide companionship
- Help people get to and from appointments and social meetings
- Provide information and advice
- Raise funds to supplement the grants we receive, to enable us to help as many people as possible
- Promote volunteering, and recruit, train, place and support volunteers.