The Youth Genesis Trust works with young people in the community, mainly those who engage in risk taking behaviour in areas such as young offending, relationships, health, substance misuse, employment, training and education.
Using youth work tools and principles; we work with young people to enable them to make a positive transition into adulthood through a diverse range of projects and activities. Utilising a learning culture, Youth Genesis works towards sustainability and community cohesion through recruiting, training and supporting volunteers in the local context to deliver work with young people.
Youth Genesis aims to:
- Provide activities for young people aged 11-25 living in rural isolation.
- Reduce anti-social behaviour.
- Provide an environment that facilitates informal education and effective delivery of the youth work curriculum.
- Provide support for young people aged 11-24.
- Ensure that young people make a healthy transition into adulthood.
- Enable young people to contribute to their community.