Skip to main content

Search Results

Information and guidance

Parent and toddler group

A parent and toddler group provides an opportunity for young children and their parent/carers to meet. All groups offer opportunities for friendship, learning and play.

Parks and open spaces

Find parks and open spaces in Devon to enjoy.

Paying for Childcare

If you are working or training and have children, there may be times when you need to pay for childcare. There are several different places where you can get help to pay for your childcare, depending on your circumstances. Help may be available from: Working…

Paying for your care

How to pay for care and support, and where you can get help with costs. 

Personal alarms

A personal alarm gives users the freedom to live independently in their own home. With the touch of a button worn around the wrist or neck, the user can call the designated 24-hour emergency response centre for help should they have an fall or accident…

Personal assistant (PA) / carer

A PA is employed by someone who needs social care, either because of their age or disability, to enable them to live as independently as possible.  PA's do not need to register with the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Anyone considering employing a PA should take…

Personal care

Personal care is daily tasks you may need support with, such as bathing, showering, applying creams and lotions, dressing and toileting, all in the comfort of your own home. These services can be provided by a personal assistant (PA), or you may choose to use…

Personal safety

This section contains information of services that work to protect people's safety. It also contains details of personal alarm systems that can used to summon help in the event of an fall or accident at home.

Pet care

Some care / support workers or enablers will be happy to help with looking after a pet, e.g walking a dog, taking pets to the vets for check ups etc. Any care agencies / care workers who have specified this as an option will be…
Back to top